Windows is the operating system produced by Microsoft for PCs.
How to Get Microsoft Windows
- Set up your student account to get the full benefits of Azure.
- Select an item in the list of available software. From there you can download and view the product key if one is required.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff may upgrade their institutionally owned PCs with an existing Windows license to Windows for Enterprise for free.
- Download Windows for Enterprise for use on UW-owned computers using the link below.
- Computers will need to be either on-campus or connected to the UW Network via VPN for the license to activate.
Licensing is covered by the current Microsoft Campus License Agreement and is subject to change in future agreements.
- The desktop operating system licenses granted under this program are UPGRADE licenses only.
- The license for UW Windows-10 provides this software for computers owned by the University of Washington that have a qualifying OS installed and already licensed to run qualifying operating system.
- The license for UW Windows-11 provides this software for computers owned by the University of Washington that have a qualifying OS installed and already licensed to run qualifying operating system.
- IT Staff
- Free for Students
- IT Infrastructure
- Operating System
Documentation and Support
- For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org