Splunk®offers the leading platform for operational intelligence, providing a real-time understanding of what’s happening across IT systems and technology infrastructure, and insight upon which to make informed decisions. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices.
For IT staff who want to use Splunk for IT operations: UW-IT purchases Splunk licenses every August 1. Additional information is available in the UW-IT Service Catalog. To purchase a license, email email@example.com with “Splunk license request” in the subject line.
- Students and faculty can get Splunk Developer licenses (10GB daily indexing limit and 6-month term, renewable)
- Other options for academic licenses that can be used in any classroom or academic setting
- Splunk book (free download)
- IT administrators who want to use Splunk for IT operations can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Splunk license request” in the subject line. UW-IT purchases Splunk licenses every August 1.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (206) 221-5000, option 3. Mon – Fri 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Data Retention Policy
A single data retention policy does not apply to the Splunk service due to the broad scope of administrative, academic, and personal information created and stored via this service. Consequently, users of this service are responsible for managing and deleting their Splunk documents in accordance with University of Washington retention guidelines. For more information, please refer to the UW Records Management Services Web site.