Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Assistance with computer problems
What is Computer Vet?
A free drop-in and best-effort service, Computer Vet will teach you how to fix common software problems when you bring your computer to our Technology Help Desk.
Where is Computer Vet?
The Computer Vet is located at the Technology Help Desk on the 2nd floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
When is Computer Vet available?
Computer Vet hours of operation are listed on the help page.
Who can use Computer Vet?
- Current students, faculty, and staff only.
- UW NetID validation is required.
What does Computer Vet help with?
- Installing STF funded Microsoft software.
- Performing operating system updates.
- Running anti-virus and anti-malware products on infected machines.
- Removing P2P software on infected computers blocked from UW network access.
What is Computer Vet not able to help with?
- Hardware issues.
- One-on-one training on software usage.