Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Export My Alpine Contacts
Please be patient – this process takes about 25 seconds.
The Alpine Contacts Export utility works (only) on the file which stores the “Contacts” you have set up in Web Alpine. That is the same file used by Alpine on Homer for its Address Book.
This utility will:
- Convert contacts entries (not groups/lists) from your default Contacts (remote_addrbook) into a file (abook.csv) containing a comma-separated list of e-mail addresses, names and nicknames.
- Send an email to your UW address with the “abook.csv” file as an attachment.
- This utility will NOT erase or alter your current Alpine contacts.
- Groups/lists will not be converted. Only existing entries outside of lists will be converted.
- The utility works only on the default contacts file, which is named “remote_addrbook.” If you have configured Alpine to use multiple address books or have change the file name, this utility will not export your data.
- This is a ‘one way’ utility. We do not have a utility to import contacts into Alpine.