Information technology tools and resources at the UW
MWS Training Room
Clients of the Manage Workstation Service (MWS) can make use of a professional-quality training room. Currently, there is no fee to schedule this room; email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no padding between reservations; please schedule enough time to set up and clean-up for your class.
Assistance loading software or technical assistance during the class is available as part of the Consulting Services.
Eating is not permitted in the classroom; covered drinks are acceptable.
NOTE: The UW has other technology spaces, including rooms with computers that can be reserved. https://itconnect.uw.edu/learn/technology-spaces/ has a list of others.
- Roosevelt Commons, 4311 11th Avenue NE, Room 110
- The first 15 spaces in the garage are for visitor parking on a first come-first serve basis. Do not park in reserved spaces.
- The remaining spaces in the garage are UW permit parking only, some of which are open to UW general permits, and the remainder specific to that garage only.
- You can pay hourly or by the day. All day is $15.
Included in the room:
- 19 Windows 10 Anniversary Edition workstations, which also includes an instructor workstation. These computers are managed by Managed Workstation Service and updated regularly.
- A 75 inch LG monitor mounted in the front of the room.
- A white board with dry erase markers.
- A flip chart with regular markers.
- UW Wireless Internet Service
- Canvas – UW’s preferred course management system.
- A telephone (685-9428) with a special button programmed for MWS assistance.
- This resource is available to any MWS department to schedule.
- To schedule, send an e-mail to with your preferred dates and times to email@example.com. Requests are handled on a first come-first serve basis.
- There is no padding between reservations; please schedule enough time to set up and clean-up for your class.
- Available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Prior arrangements are required to access the room before 7:45am. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for early access to the room.
- The classroom door requires an access code that will be provided to you.