Information technology tools and resources at the UW
What to know prior to installation:
- These components are not preserved:
- Custom macros. To save: use Tools – Macros – Edit, then copy all text into a text file so you can re-create your macros later.
- Currently configured Quick Access toolbar changes.
- Icons on your desktop or toolbar shortcuts. You will need to re-create your desktop or toolbar shortcuts if upgrading to a newer version of Office
- A full suite of training aids is available as well as interactive guides showing where menu and toolbar commands are.
How to install Office:
- Close all Office applications including Outlook.
- Open Software Center, click on Office Professional Plus, then click “Install”
- The installation should take 15-25 minutes to install. When it is finished installing the “Install” button will change to “Uninstall”