Information technology tools and resources at the UW
The Managed Workstation service provides software images that include an operating system, applications, and configuration in a single easy to deploy bundle.
|On This Page||Related to This Page|
How to request a new software image
Fill out the New Image Request form.
What’s in the standard MWS image?
The current MWS image includes:
- Windows 10 – the most recent released build
- Office 2016
- UW fonts
- a link to install Acrobat Reader (b/c Adobe license terms prohibit us from installing it on your behalf)
How to apply a software image
There are 3 ways to get an OS image on a computer:
- Ask Managed Workstation to do it for you. This activity is billable via the MWS consulting rate, and is most economical when you ask us to image 3 or more computers at the same time.
- Order the image via CDW when purchasing the computer
- Do it yourself via our over the network LiteTouch option.
These options are discussed in more detail at Setting Up a Managed Workstation.