Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Managed Workstation responds to requests in less than four hours, within the period specified in our service catalog Availability section.
Our response can be escalated if there is a critical issue. Our goal is to minimize user downtime. If you experience an interruption in your ability to use your Managed workstation or Managed Workstation services, please consult Report a problem to get escalated response.
If you request assistance that is best provided by another UW-IT service, we’ll offer to move your request to that service. If you’d like us to interface with other UW-IT services on your behalf, we can do that, but we will charge for our time.
What types of assistance require additional charges are clearly detailed, but you can expect that we’ll ask for a budget and let you know before we need to charge for more than 1 hour of our time.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-5000 (206-221-5000 from off-campus)
- Please tell us what assistance you need
- Include details such as the computer name, user, error message, and any relevant circumstances to expedite our ability to help
If you have problems or suggestions about Managed Workstation service, contact:
- Service Manager: Dawn Cullerton (email@example.com)
Forms for common requests
- MWS Training Room Reservation Request – Submit this form to request a reservation for the Managed Workstation training room.
- MWS File Services
- GPFS Shared File Server Directory Request <coming>
- Windows File Server Directory Request <coming>
- General User-Specific Forms
- I have a request/problem <coming>
- I have a broken computer/incident <coming>
- Customer Account Forms
- Managed Workstation service inquiry form <coming>
- Billing corrections <coming>
- Budget, eligibility, and resource management assistance <coming>
- <more forms coming soon>