Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Setting up a Managed Workstation
- Getting a New Computer
- Mac support in MWS
- Computer Warranty Look Up
- Computer Repairs
Getting a new computer
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an order consultation. We will order, track, and setup your equipment. An active budget number required for this service.
We will also help you extend the warranty on older computers (before the current warranty expires). Contact us.
This is your most economical option if you are ordering 5 or more computers.
- From eProcurement, go to CDW-G’s catalog and find the desired computer or laptop and add it to your cart.
- 2235587: UW Nebula Desktop Service
- 2235602: UW Nebula Notebook Service
- For new desktop computers using old monitors: “old” monitors have VGA and DVI ports; new computers have only VGA and DisplayPorts. You can use the VGA connection or buy a StarTech.com “DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable” (DP to DVI – 1920×1200; CDW Part: 2338844) to get digital video.
- For any questions or assistance or ordering computers, follow the link within the eProcurement site for getting help: Getting Help through eProcurement
- When done, transfer your shopping cart and submit your order in eProcurement
- When received, add the computer to the Nebula domain and get it claimed as a Managed Workstation.
NOTE: You can work directly with CDW-G to exchange problem systems only within the first 30 days so we recommend you unbox and test upon receipt.
Self-Service via Lite Touch installation
Note: this presumes you have previously procured computer hardware.