Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Using laptops with the projector in the MWS Training Room
To use a laptop with the monitor in the MWS training room, follow the steps below:
- Using the remote, turn on the monitor and press the input button on the remote and select HDMI 1/PC from the pick list.
- Plug the HDMI cable that is located by the Instructor workstation in the front of the room into the HDMI port on the laptop and turn on the laptop.
- If there is no image on the projector, in Windows 7, go to Control panel –> Display. Click Connect to a projector and make sure that the setting is set for Duplicate these displays” and not Extend to both displays. On Windows 10, right click anywhere on the laptop screen and click on “Display Settings”. A new window will open. Select “Duplicate these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop down menu, then click the “Apply” button.
- The room has wireless available. Anyone that has a valid UW NetID can log on to the wireless network. If you decide to use the wireless, choose the ‘Short term / 12 hour’ selection.
- If you wish to use an Ethernet connection instead of the wireless, you can unplug the gray Ethernet cable that is connected to the same computer you disconnected the VGA cable. The Ethernet cable has a phone jack style connector on it.
- When your event has ended for the day, please reconnect the cables back onto the computer before you leave the room.