Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Significant Level of Effort
Working with your department, MWS can help design additional security configurations that apply to your computers. Among the possibilities:
- Configure custom and highly restrictive local firewall rules.
- Disable all local accounts automatically.
- Restrict logins and/or remote desktop access to specifically named users on each computer.
- Tightly restrict who has administrative privileges on each computer
- Enhance the monitoring and notifications of potential problems such as missing updates.
- Regularly review system logs to identify suspicious or unknown activity.
- Require two-factor authentication to log into a computer.
- Provide workstation software configurations that are “locked down” and audited for change.
Please contact MWS to arrange for a discussion about what measures may be best suited to your needs.