Information technology tools and resources at the UW
20170818 – Managed Workstation FY18 rates
The preliminary FY18 rates for Managed Workstation services are now available. The annual rate change for UW-IT services was postponed this year to be effective 9/1/2017. Management Accounting & Analysis (MAA) provides final approval of rates for all cost-recovery centers at the UW, and these preliminary rates are still pending their approval.
All rates associated with the Managed Workstation service are documented at: https://itconnect.uw.edu/service/managed-workstation-services/#Price.
The new FY18 rates are:
- Managed Workstation rate: $30.00/workstation/month
- Managed Workstation file storage: $.25/GB/month
- Consulting Services: $104.43/hour
- Managed Workstation training room: $60/hour
In conjunction with these rate changes, there are some changes to the services provided. These changes include:
- Managed Workstation training room use is a separate rate, not included in the Managed Workstation rate. This change was mandated by University practices to ensure fair access and use.
- There is a single file service rate, regardless of the underlying platform used.
- Support assistance for MWS file services is now included in that rate.
- There are a few previously defined consulting activities that we will now provide as part of the Managed Workstation rate. Notable examples include:
Requests for the complimentary consulting will result in an in-person visit to discuss your needs.
More details about these changes are available at https://itconnect.uw.edu/wares/mws/design/what-does-the-managed-workstation-rate-include/.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dawn Cullerton or myself via firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “FY18 MWS rate questions”.
Managed Workstation service owner