Why download Zoom software to your computer? Using the Zoom app, you can
- Host a Zoom meeting
- Schedule a meeting
- Join meetings hosted by others
- Launch a scheduled or impromptu meeting
- See all of your scheduled meetings
- Chat with other UW Zoom host users
Once you have installed the Zoom app on your computer, you no longer have to sign in via a web browser.
Some users choose to install the Zoom app on a meeting room computer connected to a camera, microphone and monitor. This allows you to save the password in Zoom and sign in and launch the app when you turn on the computer. Anyone using the room for a meeting can then host a meeting with remote participants.
- To download the Zoom software, go to https://washington.zoom.us/download.
- Choose the first option on the page: Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Apple devices with the M1 chip, download the M1 chip Zoom software.
- Follow the steps in the Zoom download wizard.
- When you have the client installed, you will see a window similar to this one:
The following procedures show you how to sign into the UW Zoom account
- On your computer, open Zoom.
- If you are signed into a personal Zoom account with a non-UW email address, sign out of Zoom software and sign out of Zoom on the browser, then quit your browser.
- In the Zoom dialog box, click Sign In.
- On the next screen, click SSO. (SSO stands for Single Sign-On. Signing in with UW NetID and password allows you and all members of the UW community to access thousands of web-based services with just one sign-on process.)
- On the next screen, in the company domain field, type washington and then click Continue. Your browser will open and display the UW NetID sign-in page.
- Your browser opens with the UW NetID sign-in page. Enter the UW NetID and password associated with your UW Zoom account.
- Zoom will open on your computer. You are now signed in to the UW Zoom software.