If you are having issues joining a Zoom meeting using the software, you can join the meeting using a web browser instead.
Note: The web browser version of Zoom has limited functionality and should be used only as a backup to the Zoom software. See Zoom’s support page for a list of features available in the web browser.
Your web browser must be updated to the minimum version number, as specified in Zoom’s support page.
Join a meeting or webinar
- To join the meeting, click the meeting link provided by the meeting host. If you are the meeting host, click Start from your UW Zoom Meetings page.
- If prompted to open the Zoom desktop client, click Cancel.
- Click the Join from Your Browser link.
- Note: If you don’t see this option, see instructions from Zoom how to turn on Join From Browser in your Zoom meeting settings
- If prompted, sign in to your UW Zoom account by clicking sign in with SSO.
- Enter your UW NetID and password.
- You will be prompted to enter your name and the meeting password if the password was not included in the join link.
- If prompted to allow microphone and camera access, click Allow.
- Click Join.
- If people in the meeting can’t see or hear you, check your browser settings and allow Zoom to access the microphone and camera. See the help pages below for instructions how to allow microphone and camera in different web browsers:
For more details, see Zoom’s support page on using a web browser with Zoom.