Follow these steps if you are trying to sign into UW Zoom using a Shared UW NetID.
Note: Using Shared UW NetIDs is possible, but not recommended with Zoom. A host account can host only one meeting at a time. When a second user tries to sign in and host a meeting on the same Zoom host account, the first user is automatically logged out. Using a UW NetID that is shared by several people may cause meeting time conflicts, resulting in potential meeting interruptions.
- Sign out of all UW and Zoom websites.
- Quit the browser to clear your NetID login session.
- Open a new browser session, making sure that you are not signed into any sites.
- Go to http://washington.zoom.us.
- Click Sign In to UW Zoom.
Next, you should see the UW sign in page.
- Enter the Shared UW NetID and password.
- You should see your Zoom profile page. To confirm that you are signed into the correct Zoom account, look at the personal meeting ID on the profile page.
- UW Zoom users: If you see “https://washington.zoom.us/j/YourMeetingIDnumbers” then you are signed into the correct standard UW Zoom account. The links for standard UW Zoom account meetings all begin with https://washington.zoom.us/