The following steps show you how to schedule a meeting using the Zoom software interface.
- After logging in to UW Zoom, bring up the Zoom home screen.
- On the lower left, click Schedule.
- Enter the required information in the dialog box, then click Schedule.
- Back on the Zoom home screen, in the top toolbar, click Meetings.
- To send an invitation to the meeting, select the meeting that you just created and click Copy Invitation. To view the meeting invitation text, click Show Meeting Invitation.
- Open your email program, then paste into a new message or meeting request. The copied text will appear similar to this. The link text (https://washington.zoom.us/j/1234567890) is the Meeting ID, which you would share with the people you want to invite to your meeting.
Your instructor is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: My Zoom Meeting Time: Mar 7, 2020 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://washington.zoom.us/j/1234567890 Meeting ID: 978 443 6176 One tap mobile +16468769923,,9784436176# US (New York) +16699006833,,9784436176# US (San Jose) Dial by your location +1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 978 443 6176 Find your local number: https://washington.zoom.us/u/aeIZBnPCus
- To start the meeting, from the Zoom home screen, click Meetings, then click Start.