Use the Scheduling Privilege setting to transfer ownership of a meeting or webinar to another licensed UW Zoom user. This can be helpful prior to changing roles or leaving UW.
- Meeting transfers: both the current and new meeting owner must be licensed and in the same UW Zoom account.
- Webinar transfers: both the current and new webinar owner must have the webinar add-on license and be in the same UW Zoom account.
Transfer meeting ownership using Scheduling Privilege
The new meeting owner first provides the current meeting owner the ability to transfer the meeting.
- The new meeting owner logs into UW Zoom with their UW NetID.
- On the left-navigation menu, click Settings.
- On the Meeting settings page, click Other to jump to the Schedule Privilege setting.
- Next to Assign scheduling privilege to, click Add.
- Under users, enter the UW email address of the current meeting owner. To confirm, click the name and email under where the email address is entered.
- Click Save.
The current meeting owner now has the ability to transfer the meeting to the new meeting owner.
- The current meeting owner logs into UW Zoom with their UW NetID.
- Click Meetings.
- Hover the cursor over the event title, then click Edit. If this is a recurring meeting and you want to transfer all future meetings, click edit all occurrences.
- From the dropdown list Schedule For, click the arrow to expand the dropdown list, then choose the new owner’s name.
- Click Save.
The new meeting owner now has the meeting on their Zoom meetings page and the transfer is complete.