On This Page:
Work From Off Campus Over The UW Phone System
UW Telecommuter VoIP Phones allow UW faculty and staff to connect to the UW phone system from an off-campus office. e.g. home. These phones work like you’re on campus, providing staff and faculty the ability to work from home or an off-site office, as long as broadband internet access is available. All UW phone features are available including:
- UW Long Distance
- Voice Mail
- 5-Digit Dialing
- Call Logging
Call center access is also available allowing agents to meet the needs of their customers without having to commute to the office.
Refer to Campus Telephone Services in the UW-IT Service Catalog
NOTE: Telecommuters outside of Western Washington must purchase the VoIP phone. International calling rates may apply.
– **required Remote working address must be entered into the UW-IT Emergency Location Management for Off-Campus Phones web portal here.
– **required Remote working address must be updated to reflect current remote working location.
– Broadband Internet Access (DSL/Cable/FiOS/Clear)
– Available Ethernet outlet within 15 feet of the VoIP Phone.
– Available surge-protected power outlet.
– Modern router that provides DHCP and UPnP is required.
– A minimum up/down bandwidth of 96kbps is required.
Customer Installation Instructions
UW IT will configure the phone and have the equipment delivered to your campus office or shipped to your off-site location (additional shipping cost will be billed).
Instructions on how to install your Telecommuter VoIP Phone can be found here (PDF):