Conference Phone Service
UW-IT now offers conferencing as a service. This service includes: a Polycom Trio 8800 (previously IP7000) and dial tone. For more information, please see our Service Catalog.
Basic Audio-only Conferencing
Anyone using a campus phone can make at least a three way conference call. Multi-button phone are capable of hosting up to a 6-party conference.
Find conference calling instructions at the links below:
- Campus Dial Tone (generic single lines)
- Digital service sets:
Expanded Audio-only Conferencing
UW-IT provides an on-demand conferencing service on an audio conferencing bridge for up to 50 participants, without the need of a reservation. Organizations can hold on-demand conference calls, whenever they like, without paying per-use fees.
- Easy to use, low-cost conferencing solution for up to 50 parties.
- Best solution for day-to-day, impromptu conferencing needs.
- No per minute/per user charge for conference.
- Toll-free number included for out-of-area participants
Microsoft Teams puts the user in a chat-based work space for real-time collaboration and communication, meetings, file, and app sharing. Team members are either members or owners, and can easily be added and removed. More information about Microsoft Teams can be found here.
Zoom makes it easy for UW faculty, staff, and students to:
- Participate in group video chat during online class sessions
- Host virtual office hours
- Collaborate remotely on research
- Share screens and host real-time video conversations
- Host live web broadcasts to thousands of people worldwide
- Record to the cloud or computer for easy sharing
|Features||Pro||Pro + HIPAA|
|Free of cost with UW NetID|
|Unlimited meeting duration|
|Host up to 300 participants per meeting|
|Purchase add on packages to expand the number of participants|
|Vanity meetings URL|
|Custom personal meeting ID|
|Assign a meeting scheduler|
|Detailed meeting reports|
|Local recording saved on host computer|
|Purchase package to connect with H.323/SIP devices|
|HIPAA compliant account available upon request|
|Breakout Rooms (not available with Zoom Webinars add-on)|
|Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android Compatible|
|Co-annotation on shared screen|
|Keyboard/mouse remote control|
|Co-annotate over screen share|
|Password-protect meeting entry|
|Turn off audio and video upon meeting entry for privacy|
|AI powered, automatic captions for cloud recordings|
|Real-time meeting captioning|
|Join by telephone call-in up to 300 participants|
|Desktop and application sharing|
|Web browser and Microsoft Outlook plug-ins|
|Private and group chat|
|HD audio and video|