The Computer Vet on the second floor of Odegaard is piloting a free service to help students explore the world of 3D printing in a supportive learning environment.
Our goal is to help you experience 3D printing in a supported environment to build your confidence for using other 3D printers on campus for your larger projects.
Sign up for a 4-hour block of consultation/printing time, and our consultants will help you get a print started. Each person is limited to a maximum of two appointments per quarter.
- bring a file that’s ready to go*
- get help finding a workable file on thingiverse
- print one of our pre-selected items:
Plan to stay at the Help Desk long enough to get the print started, about 30-45 minutes. You may return to pick up your print at the end of your reservation time.
*If you are bringing your own file, please note:
- It may be necessary to modify the size and settings of your file to ensure it will finish within the allotted time and to maximize the chances of a successful print.
- Objects should not contain extreme angles or have overhangs, as shown in the following examples:
- Avoid objects with moving parts or requiring pieces to snap together, such as the items pictured below. They may not print successfully.
Examples of successful projects:
Schedule: Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm; and Monday through Thursday, 3 pm to 7 pm.
Reserve your time here
If you are unable to view the workshops above, please see the calendar here.
Equipment: Flashforge Creator Pro Dual Extruder loaded with environmentally-friendly black or white ABS filament using an .x3g file on a 64gbh XC-SD flash storage card.
Software: Makerbot Print