As soon as you finalize specifications for your STF-funded item, follow the steps below to enter information about your item(s) into Scout.
- Set up a UW Group
Set up a UW Group for whomever you want authorized to manage data in Scout Manager (even if this is a group of just one person).
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject of “Add STF items to Scout”. In this email include:
- The name of your UW group to be used for space/item management.
- Description of the location of the item(s).
- Description of item(s).
- Wait for access
The Scout service team will need to give your UW Group access and, possibly, create new categories for your particular items. This process can take a few weeks. We will be in touch to let you know when you have been granted access to Scout Manager.
- After you hear back from the Scout service team, go to Scout Manager
Once you have access, go to https://scout.uw.edu/manager to manage your items. Your items will not be seen by users of Scout until you publish the items and the space that they are contained in.
Note: Scout organizes everything by physical location on campus. So, first you add a location and then you can add the tech items that are in that location.
- Create a space (the location of the items)
- In the left column, click + Add a new space.
- Fill out all required fields.
- For Primary purpose of Space, select Access to tech.
- For latitude/longitude, drop a pin on the map to denote campus location of the items.
- When finished, click Save & Continue at top of form.
- Add all relevant fields to describe the space. Write this information in a way that will be useful to students.
- When Space data is complete, in the top-right corner of the form, under Publish, click the Publish button.
- At bottom of the page, under ITEM(s), click Add New Item to this space link.
- Add items to the space
- On the Add New Item page, fill out all required and relevant fields to describe the item. Write this information in a way that will be useful to students.
- Under Funding Source, check STF funded this item. This is required.
- Once data is complete and item is available for use, in the top-right corner of the form, under Publish, click the Publish Item button.
Note: This button is disabled until all required form inputs are completed.
- Optional. In the top-right corner of the form, click Save. This is required only if Space was not published.
- Publish the changes to Scout
- Click Publish Changes from the Space management page. End users will not see changes until you publish them.
- Check to ensure accuracy of space and item data.
- Check to ensure proper publishing status for space and item(s).
- When ready, at the top-right corner of the form, click the Publish Changes button.
- Go to Scout Manager
Go to https://scout.uw.edu/manager to manage your item(s) and the space in which the item(s) are located.
- Find your space in the list
Find the space in which your item(s) are located. Click the space name.
- Update space data
Use the form fields to update the data about the space.
- Find your item in the list
In the list at the bottom of the page, find the item you want to edit. Click the item name.
- Update item data
Use the form fields to update the data about the item.
- Publish the changes to Scout
- At the top-right corner of the screen, click Publish Changes. End users will not see changes until you publish them.
- If you want to edit other items or space details, click the space name at the bottom of the Edit Item page. Then, follow these directions from step 4.