If you used VeriCite in an assignment which you plan to copy, you will need to update the assignment settings to use SimCheck by June 15, 2020.
- In your Canvas course, locate and edit the assignment that used VeriCite.
- In the Submission Type section, clear the Enable VeriCite Submissions checkbox and select File Uploads.
- In the Plagiarism Review section, select SimCheck by Turnitin in the drop-down menu.
- Select whether to exclude bibliographies and quotes from the Similarity reports and whether to include student submissions in the UW SimCheck library.
- Complete the rest of the assignment information and click Save.
- Students may submit only one file to SimCheck per assignment, so create separate assignments if you want them to upload multiple files.
- To ensure the connection between Canvas and SimCheck has been made, students need to wait for at least a minute and a half after the assignment is first published before they submit their work.