All UW Medicine staff who are paid directly by the UW had their UW Office 365 account automatically upgraded to the UW Microsoft Advanced service level in June 2022. The upgrade includes all of the previously available applications and services, plus a selection of additional features.
If you have questions about whether or not this status applies to you, please see the Manage UW NetID Resources page and click the + (plus) sign next to “Affiliations” to verify your affiliation. Refer to the Affiliations page for more information about the assigned Microsoft Service Level, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key features with the new UW Microsoft Advanced service level:
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC and Mac
- Office Online applications for the web
- Collaboration and secure data storage
- Continued FERPA & HIPAA alignment
The new service level includes the addition of the following products and services:
- Microsoft Teams Dial-in Audio Conferencing for meetings
- Power BI (Pro)
- Send Microsoft 365 Encrypted Email
- Proactive Threat Protection
- Data Loss Protection
- Incident investigation
- Data encryption and protection
No action is required. Eligible UW Office 365 accounts will be upgraded automatically.
If an ineligible UW Office 365 account requires an upgrade to the UW Microsoft Advanced service level, please contact email@example.com.