All students (undergraduate, graduate, and Continuum College) had their UW Office 365 account upgraded to the UW Microsoft Student service level in November 2021.
If you have questions about whether or not student status applies to you, please see the Manage UW NetID Resources page and click the + (plus) sign next to “Affiliations” to verify your affiliation. Refer to the Affiliations page for more information about the assigned Microsoft Service Level, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key features with the new UW Microsoft Student service level include:
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC and Mac
- Office Online applications for the web
- Collaboration and secure data storage
- Continued FERPA & HIPAA alignment
- Enhancements to Whiteboard (new)
- Power BI Pro for Students (new, coming July 2022)
- Proactive Threat Protection (new)
- Incident Investigation (new)
The following products and services have been removed:
- Teams Dataverse
- Virtual Agent
If students or student employees require these products, please contact email@example.com.
No action is required. Eligible UW Office 365 accounts have already been upgraded.
Course Shared UW NetIDs with UW Office 365 activated through the Provisioning Request Tool (PRT) automatically receive the UW Microsoft Student service level. SAO Shared UW NetIDs also automatically receive the UW Microsoft Student service level for their UW Office 365 account.