Enterprise Document Management (EDM) is a business unit in UW-IT‘s Information Management division which provides the University with modernized technology to support the signing and management of electronic records and documents.
In partnering with EDM, customers will:
- Transform business processes that currently depend on the routing of paper documents to be more efficient and paperless.
- Enable cross-department collaboration around key enterprise content.
- Easily search, identify, and hold records responsive to public records requests, litigation, and audit.
- Modernize management of information.
- Achieve compliance with data regulations such as HIPAA and FERPA.
To help your project succeed, the Enterprise Document Management program provides consultation, coordination of partner (UW-IT, Privacy Office, Records Management Services) resources, and implementation support. With every engagement, our goal is to empower you to continue to improve your processes independently.