Information technology tools and resources at the UW
UW Shared Web Hosting
The Web Publishing service provides:
- a cluster of Web servers to make your information available to browsers
- storage space for your Web pages
- the ability to install Web applications like WordPress, Drupal and others
- optional database services, site access control and other utilities
Your pages will be published and available at one of these URLs:
You can create your Web pages via a variety of desktop Web authoring tools, build pages using text editors, or install Web applications.
- Basic disk space allocation is provided. See Service Level Description for disk quota information.
- URL Forwarding or URL Masking is available for an additional fee.
- UW Blogs Network includes Word Press, UW-specific themes, NetID login support, up-to-date plug ins, and a blog framework. (Student accounts are not eligible for UW Blogs Network.)
UW faculty, UW staff, UW students, UW academic units, UW administrative units
UW Shared Web Hosting services are available from any Internet connections. Services are set up with a cluster server environment so that small system failures will not cause a service outage. The service is not designed for quick recovery from a major disaster. Occasional downtime is scheduled for periodic upgrade of servers.
Historically our service availability has been 99.9%. However, since the Web Publishing environment is shared, excessive use of the services by one or more users may degrade performance for others.
The basic service is included in the Technology Recharge Fee for faculty and staff and is funded by the Student Technology Fee for students.
- A basic disk storage allocation of 1 GB is included for faculty, staff, students, and shared accounts.
- UW Blogs Network is available at no additional cost.
Self-Sustaining Services (Rates are effective through August 31, 2017)
Service Level Description
UW Shared Web Hosting are designed for continuous access with the exception of scheduled down times, hardware failure, and natural disasters. UW-IT responds to queries within two business days. Support is limited to ensuring that centrally installed functions and software are operating. Data storage for students is fixed at 1 GB.
UW-IT provides documentation to help customers use the UW Shared Web Hosting services. Customers provide their own ready-to-publish pages, install them on the servers, and install and operate any custom Web sites. UW-IT customer support is limited to assisting with server operational problems and clarifying documentation. Consulting may be available for a fee.
Additional information can be found at the links below:
Mailing Lists for this service
- To be notified of upgrades and changes to the service, sign up for email@example.com
- If you want to be on a discussion list about this service, sign up for firstname.lastname@example.org
Support information on using the servers is at UW Shared Web Hosting
Questions can be sent to the UW Information Technology Service Center.
UW Information Technology Service Center
Front Desk: UW Tower C-3000 (4333 Brooklyn Ave. NE)
Online Help Form: washington.edu/itconnect/help
Business Hours: washington.edu/itconnect/help
Last Review Date: 08/18/2016