Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Enterprise Service Desk
The Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) is a contact center that provides a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for email and telephone calls, email routing, tier 1 resolution, 24x7x365 support, equipment and service monitoring and contact center request metrics and analysis.
The Enterprise Service Desk allows your on-site IT staff to focus on supporting local users without having to: Manage cumbersome email queues, request records (tickets), answer tier 1 calls or provide support for campus wide services. Callers will be able to reach a ESD representative any time of the day or night, any day of the year. Depending on their needs, the issue may be resolved on the spot or escalated to one of the service teams in your unit.
- Single Point of Contact
- Email record routing
- Call to request record conversion
- Self-service (structured requests)
- Tier 1 support (via defined workflows)
- On-boarding & off-boarding of services
- Metrics and Analysis
- Customized reports
- Service and Hardware monitoring
Must be a current customer of the UW Connect Service Management service.
How to Order
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation. The Enterprise Service Desk is currently seeking a pilot partner to evaluate the service for a broader audience.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This service is treated as a critical service, and engineers respond after business hours for service impacting outages. This service has integrations with, and dependencies on, related services including UW Groups, Email, UW NetID authentication.
The technology infrastructure supporting UW Connect is geographically resilient—it is not entirely located in the Puget Sound region.
To be determined.
Service Level Description
- The Enterprise Service Desk is available 24x7 with minimal downtime for scheduled software updates.
- UW Connect is monitored 24x7. On-call staff handle any outages.
- Request and query response time two business days or less.
- HIPAA compatibility: UW and ServiceNow have signed a Business Associate Agreement (BAA).
- FERPA protections are included in the agreement with ServiceNow and Internet2.
UW Information Technology Service Center: UW Tower C-3000 (4333 Brooklyn Ave. NE)
Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Last Review Date: 10/10/2016