Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Campus Telephone Services
UW telephone service has been unified into the "One Rate" phone service. The "One Rate" includes a handset, integrated voicemail, Extension Connect, softphone, long distance, and outbound faxing with Centralized Faxing service. See "Service Options" for more detailed information.
- Handset: Avaya phone; availability of select models dependent on location.
- Voicemail: Voice messages that can be listened to via telephone or for notification sent to email.
- Extension Connect: Sometimes referred to as EC500, which can simultaneously ring your desk phone and another phone of your choosing (ex: mobile phone or home phone).
- Softphone: Software application installed onto a Mac or Windows computer that can augment or replace a physical phone.
- Long Distance/International: Calls within US and Canada are now included into the "One Rate" without separate charges, UWATS authorization codes are used to dial internationally.
- Centralized Faxing: The ability to make outbound faxes through UW's Centralized Faxing service. Inbound faxing requires separate subscription fee.
- Conference Services: Conference phone service and audio conferencing options.
- IVR/Call Centers: Interactive Voice Responses, Call Centers, Call Recording, etc.
- Telecommuter VoIP: Work remotely off campus over the UW phone system.
- Directory Listing: UW listings in the white, blue, and yellow pages of the Seattle Metro telephone directory, and other community directories.
- Toll Free: Allow callers to place long distance calls without having to the pay the normal long distance per minute rate for the call
UW faculty, UW staff, UW students in residence halls, UW Physicians Network and Neighborhood Clinics, Multiple off-campus locations in the Puget Sound area.
Hours available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
With the Technology Recharge Fee
Without the Technology Recharge Fee
|One Rate||$8.70/month per line||$10.84/month per line|
|Fax Lines/Modems/Analog||$8.70/month per line||$10.84/month per line|
|Virtual Line||$3.80/month per line||$3.80/month per line|
|Voice Install/Move/Changes where tech is dispatched||$147||$147|
Service Level Description
- Installation, moves, adds or changes: 7-10 business days
- Repairs: Next business day
- Minimum scheduled downtime
- Telephony services are made possible through partners, such as Qwest, Verizon, and other small telephone company vendors
- Voice messaging is activated within two (2) business days
- All orders must include a UW budget number for billing
- Once the voice mailbox is set up, the customer will receive instructions and a password via email
Global VoIP and Telecommuter VoIP:
- To receive service, a residential Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Comcast, Qwest, Verizon, etc., must provide Internet access back to the UW network
Last Review Date: 10/20/2016