Enterprise Web Services (EWS) has just released an update in EVAL for multiple web services in support of UW Finance Transformation (UWFT). For an overview of how EWS is adapting to support UWFT, refer to EWS for Finance Transformation.
Monthly Scheduled Releases
Updates to EVAL for all EWS services are released on the same monthly schedule. This allows us to better synchronize with Enterprise Data Platform’s release schedule for Finance Transformation. For more information, refer to the Data Availability Timeline.
What’s New in EWS Release 12
|FWS v2 (Outbound)
||This is a very large release with MANY changes, including SEVERAL breaking changes!
- Breaking Changes were made to the Contact Data collection under several resources.
- Breaking Changes were introduced to the /Supplier, /Gift, /LedgerAccount, /Award, and /BillingSchedule resources
- New Resources /Manufacturer and /Appropriation were added.
- New hierarchy support was added for /Location and /Appropriation resources.
- Data was added or updated to /Location, /LedgerAccountSummary, /SupplierContract, /LedgerAccountSummary, /Award, /Plan, /RelatedWorktags, /Reference, /Journal, and /PayrollJournal resources.
For more information, refer to FWS Reference Data (Outbound) – Release 12. For support, refer to Support | FWS.
|FWS v2 (Inbound)
- Instructions on how to verify transactions in FWS Inbound and Workday are now published on the FWS Common Transactions (Inbound) | FWS support page
- System Contacts now include one and only one Technical System Owner, one and only one Business Owner and zero to many System Contacts.
- The DocumentId is now included in Context when Platform Validation errors, such as CSV parsing, occur.
- Required Worktag Type validation has been added to the Validate Worktags resource.
For more information, refer to FWS Common Transactions (Inbound) – Release 12. For support, refer to Support | FWS.
- New security role ‘Legal Name Reader’ was created to grant access to legal name fields. For more information, refer to /Worker (v2) to /Person (v3) Mapping.
- Search parameters were updated for /Person and AcademicAppointment resources.
- Data was added or updated to /WorkerPayrollCostingAllocation resource.
For more information, refer to HRPWS v3 – Release 12. For support, refer to Support | HRPWS.
Reminder for HRPWS v2 users: HRPWS v2 is scheduled to retire end of 2022. For more information, refer to our newly published guide for Transitioning from HRPWS v2 to v3.