Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Securing Your XP System
Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on April 8, and is discontinuing the automatic security updates.
To replace your XP system:
- Purchase a new computer via eprocurement CDW pre-configured systems.
- Contact Computer Maintenance to install the new computer and move any files from the old device to the new one.
- Contact IT Consulting for assistance in securing your XP system, if you must keep it temporarily.
For recommendations on how to keep your Windows XP system secure, see:
- Microsoft Security Tips & Talk
- Microsoft Support
- Securing Your Computer
- PASS Council page on UW policies and responsibilities