Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Installing the UW Services CA on IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome (Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, and 10)
Follow these instructions to install the UW Services CA root certificate on IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome on computers with the Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, or 10 operating system.
- Click this file download link to download the root certificate file to your computer.
- Click Open.
- Click Allow to continue opening the root certificate file.
- Click Install Certificate….
- Click Next >.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store then click Browse….
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities from the list and click OK.
- Now that you have selected the correct store (see image below), click Next >.
- Click Finish.
- When you see this dialog box (below), verify that the thumbprint numbers match. The correct thumbprint value is B9768FDA 34545646 9A0BAE38 64FE0055 C9E6357F. If the values do not match, click No. If they do match, click Yes.
- You should get a message that the import was successful. Click OK.