- On This Page
- IT Governance and Oversight
- Policies and Guidelines
- IT Organizations and Groups
- IT Related Research and Advising Services
IT Governance and Oversight
- IT Governance – Three information technology governance boards provide advice and guidance on IT strategies, priorities, and services.
- Data Governance – Information about data governance at the UW and the policy surrounding data governance.
- Privacy Steering Committee – Protecting individuals’ privacy and ensuring consistent reporting on privacy activities, risks and policies across the University.
Policies and Guidelines
IT Organizations and Groups
- UW Information Technology – UW-IT is the central information technology organization for the UW.
- UW Bothell Information Technologies – UWB-IT provides technology services and resources to UW Bothell.
- UW Tacoma Information Technology – UWT-IT provides computing, media, and academic technology support to UW Tacoma.
- UW Medicine IT Services – UW Medicine IT supports the computing needs of UW Medicine, including teaching, research, and clinical work.
- eScience Institute – The eScience team helps researchers apply the most appropriate technology to their research.
- Enterprise Architecture – Planning and strategy practices that result in well-designed, cost-efficient technology solutions for the UW.
IT Related Research and Advising Services
Core Gartner Research Access
Leverage UW’s subscription to Gartner for peer perspectives, expert advice and practical tools in a variety of areas, including technology. Sign in with your UW NetID. Gartner offers articles, case studies and webinars on data science solutions, IT organization leadership and more.
Educational Advisory Board IT Forum Research Access
The Education Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses research, technology, and consulting to address challenges within the education industry. UW-IT provides access to research resources from the Educational Advisory Board (EAB) IT Forum at no cost for UW students, faculty and staff. IT Forum offers a wealth of information technology and information management content. Topic areas include data governance, analytics, student success, and general measures and metrics, available through online articles, webinars and in-person consultation. The EAB has more than 650 researchers, consultants and technologists serving over 1,000 colleges and universities across North America. View the UW-IT video to learn more and get started.
Educause offers networking and other platforms for IT professionals in higher ed to generate and find content on best practices and to engage their peers; professional development opportunities. A resource center for IT professionals. The EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) provides research and analysis on IT in higher education, and the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) is committed to the advancement of learning through the innovative application of technology.