Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Use this map to orient yourself to the SQLShare interface.
- See your uploaded datasets, datasets that have been shared with you, or all public datasets in SQLShare.
- Upload a dataset or run a new query.
- View recently uploaded public datasets or recently run queries.
- Make your dataset public.
- Share your dataset with specific people.
- Delete your dataset.
- Enter a simple language description of your dataset. This is particularly helpful when making public or sharing with others.
- Edit an existing query to create a new query.
- Create a new dataset by editing the query of an existing dataset.
- After editing your query, click Run Query to see new results.
- Dataset preview.
- Download your query.
- Derive: Create a new dataset by selecting data in an existing dataset and join two or more datasets together.
- Snapshot: Runs a query that is pulling data from several places and saves the data. Eliminates the worry that others will change a dataset that you depend upon, and speeds the process of gathering data from multiple sources.