Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Available for: Instructors Students Staff
Splunk®offers the leading platform for operational intelligence, providing a real-time understanding of what’s happening across IT systems and technology infrastructure, and insight upon which to make informed decisions. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices.
For IT staff who want to use Splunk for IT operations: UW-IT purchases Splunk licenses every August 1, at $364.00/GB. To purchase a license, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Splunk license request” in the subject line.
- Students and faculty can get Splunk Developer licenses (10GB daily indexing limit and 6-month term, renewable)
- Other options for academic licenses that can be used in any classroom or academic setting
- Splunk book (free download)
- IT administrators who want to use Splunk for IT operations can contact email@example.com with “Splunk license request” in the subject line. UW-IT purchases Splunk licenses every August 1.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (206) 221-5000, option 3. Mon – Fri 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.