Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Meet the New MyUW Mobile
A new MyUW Mobile platform for students is available for autumn quarter, with powerful features that make it easy to track registration and get information about classes, textbooks and other critical topics on any mobile device.
“We built it with a lot of input from students who said they needed help with time management and wanted something dynamic,” said Karin Roberts, of UW-IT’s Academic & Collaborative Applications group.
The display of information in MyUW Mobile will change as the quarter progresses, to reflect the most relevant, personalized information at the time. At the beginning of the quarter, students will see registration, class and schedule information. By quarter’s end, links to grades and information about the upcoming quarter will rise to the top. The new dynamic design will help students stay on top of important deadlines for registration and financial aid, schedules for final exams, and account balances for Husky Cards, dining, tuition, and fees. The goal of the new MyUW Mobile is to help students focus on the most critical items they need while minimizing “information overload.”
This release provides students with the following:
- new content and navigation model to increase usability and “findability” of key information and resources
- revised visual course schedule
- revised course details, with location, schedule, and instructor information, and links to Canvas LMS sites and course Web sites
- real-time student grades from Canvas courses
- textbook information from the University Book Store
- real-time Husky card and student dining balances from new HFS web service
- library account details from new library Web service
- resources customized by campus affiliation
- future quarter registration summary and preview of visual schedule
Future plans for MyUW include updates to instructor and staff content.