Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Whether you are gathering data for your research study or assessing students’ understanding, WebQ provides a quick and reliable way to build and administer online surveys or quizzes.
Choose from a variety of question formats
Create a wide variety of questions on your survey or quiz, such as multiple choice, long text response, or matrix questions, etc.
Include images or multimedia
Enhance your survey or quiz by adding images or other media to your questions.
Do it all for free
Just log-in with your UW NetID and you are ready to go.
Secure your survey or quiz
Control access and distribute your survey by selecting one of six security settings. Send email announcements to survey or quiz participants through WebQ.
WebQ for teaching
- Assess students’ understanding
- Get feedback throughout the quarter
- Track student progress
- Poll students about class topics
- Let students take quizzes on their own schedule
WebQ for research
- Submit your Human Subjects Division applications more easily; WebQ has already been approved by them
- Create anonymous or confidential surveys
- Import survey data into Excel or SPSS
- Let your participants benefit from the convenience of online surveys
- Work easily with colleagues or collaborators
Planning considerations, how-to documentation, profiles pf people using WebQ, and more.
See the different types of questions in WebQ and learn more about Catalyst.
Suggestions for using WebQ for your research.
Create questionnaires to get feedback from your students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will respondents find my survey or quiz?
You can either send an email to prospective respondents that contains a link to the survey or quiz, or create a link to your survey on a Web page.
How long will my data be stored?
Indefinitely, or until you delete it.
Can WebQ automatically score a quiz?
Yes, WebQ will automatically score any multiple-choice question on a quiz; you must manually grade text responses.