Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Create a UMail Form
To create a new UMail form, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, roll your mouse over the graphic tools menu in the upper right corner. A menu appears as you hover over each tool icon.
- Select the UMail icon, and then click Create a UMail anonymous email form. You will move to the “Create a New UMail Form” page.
- Enter general information about your UMail form:
Title: Enter a unique and descriptive title for your UMail form.
After sending, display this link: If you wish, you can enter the URL of a Web site for the user to return to after they send their email message.
Link text: Enter the text you want your participants to read and click to visit the URL you entered above. The link will be displayed as “Return to (link text)”.
- Choose the security setting for your Umail form. The security setting determines if a sender’s (participant’s) name and email address are required or optional. The security setting options are as follows:
Anonymous: The email form does not allow the sender to enter a return email address, thus assuring total anonymity.
Required — UW NetID: The email form requires the user to login using their UW NetID, and will include the name and email address associated with their UW NetID with the message.
Optional: The email form allows the user to enter a name and email address if they choose.
- Create recipient list(s) for your email form. Each form has a list one recipient list, which contains at least one email address. To create a recipient list, enter the following:
Recipient list label: The name is the name of the individual, or description of the group of people in the list, e.g. “Professor Brown” or “Teaching Assistants”.
Recipient list members: Enter the email addresses of the recipients, one per line.
- To create additional recipient lists, click Add another list, and repeat step four.
- Click Create. Your email form will be created, and you will return to the UMail home page. If you don’t wish to create the email form, click Cancel.
Tip: The underlined URL that appears under the name of the email form on the UMail home page is a direct link to email form. To open the email form, click the link. You can create a link to this URL on your Web page, or send the URL out in an email message.