Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Administer a Poll
Once you have created a poll and made it available, you are ready for participants to take it. But how do they access it?
You can distribute your poll to participants in three ways:
- Send the poll URL by email
- Create a link to the poll URL on a Web page, or
- Embed the poll directly in a Web page
To send the poll URL or create a link to it, you must first locate and copy the URL. Follow these steps to locate the poll URL.
- From the , click the name of the poll. You will move to the overview page.
- Find the URL for the poll under the heading “Administer your poll,” next to “Poll location.”
- Copy the link, and then paste it into an email message or create a link to it on a Web page.
QuickPoll will generate a URL for your poll even if the poll is closed and unavailable for participants to use. Make sure that the poll is open when you distribute the URL to participants or publish the poll on your Web site.
To embed your poll directly into a Web page, follow these instructions.