Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Schedule Future Board Availability
Availability controls when and whether a board is open for participants to view and post, in a read-only state, or closed and inaccessible to participants. You can schedule future dates when the availability of a discussion board will change.
To schedule future availability of your discussion board, follow these steps:
- From the GoPost home page, click the name of the board for which you want to schedule future availability. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper right. You will move to the “Manage” page.
- Click Edit to the right of “Availability.” You will move to the “Availability” page.
- Click Add event at the bottom of the panel. A new event will appear.
- Select the type of event from the drop-down menu:
Open: makes the board available to participants to view and post.
Read-only: allows participants to access but not post to the board.
Closed: makes the board inaccessible to participants.
- Select a date for the availability event. Click to open the calendar tool and select a date.
Tip: All scheduled events occur at 1:00 a.m.
- Click Done to add your event, or Cancel to discard it.
- Repeat steps 4 – 7 to add another availability event.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.