Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Lock Discussion Areas
Owners and administrators can lock discussion areas to keep participants from posting messages until the appropriate time. Of participants, only moderators or administrators can post in a locked discussion area.
To lock a discussion area, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst tools account page, click the name of the board which contains discussion areas you wish to lock. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper left. You will move to the “Manage” page.
- Click Edit under “Discussion Areas.”
- A list of the current discussion areas is displayed in the panel. Click the name of the discussion area you want to lock. The form will open in the panel.
- If you would like to lock the discussion area, select the Locked option, which is located under “Area availability.” To unlock a discussion area, select Open.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 – 6 to lock or unlock another discussion area.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to discard them.