Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Edit a Post
You can edit any message you have posted. Edited posts are marked with the date, time, and name of the editor (moderators and administrators can also edit posts).
To edit a posts, follow these steps:
- Locate the post that you want to edit.
Tip: You can edit the subject of any conversation you have started by editing the first post.
- Click Edit at the upper right of the post. You will move to the “Edit post” page, and your post will be displayed in the text editor.
- Change your post as desired. You can use the toolbar to format the text, insert images, create links, insert smileys, and more.
- To attach a file, click Attach file under the text area, and then click Browse to locate the file on your desktop computer. Note: File size is limited to 1 GB.
- You can also select another file to attach by clicking Attach another file.
- You can click Preview to see how your post will appear.
- Click Post to post your conversation, or Cancel to discard your changes.