Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Allow or Disallow Screen Names
You can allow participants to choose a screen name that will appear with their posts on a discussion board. If you do not allow participants to choose screen names, their UW NetID will be associated with their posts. Board administrators and moderators will always see the participant’s full name next to posts, in the participant list, and when viewing the participant statistics.
To allow or disallow participant screen names, follow these steps:
- From the GoPost home page, click the name of the board with which you want to work. You will move to the board home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation at the upper right. You will move to the “Manage” page.
- Click Edit to the right of “Participant Access & Roles.” You will move to the “Participant Access & Roles” page.
- Click Edit to the right of Screen Names at the upper right of the participant list. A pop-up will appear.
- To allow participants to choose their screen names, select Allow participants to choose their screen names. Or, select Use participants’ UW NetIDs as their screen names.
- Click Save. The pop-up will close, and you will return to the “Participant Access & Roles” page.