Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Create a Copy of Catalyst CommonView Content
The CommonView download feature allows you to create an offline copy of your workspace that you can keep as an archive, or use when moving your course to a learning management system. You can copy just the files attached to your CommonView workspace, or all the content, including formatted text, links to Catalyst Tools, files, links, Google Calendars, Google Sites Hubs, and RSS feeds.
- Navigate to the CommonView workspace that you want to copy to Canvas.
- On the right side of the screen, in the Workspace actions menu, select Download. The Download workspace pop-in appears.
- To download only files attached to the workspace, click the first blue link in the pop-in. To download all the workspace content (recommended), including attached files, click the second link.
- After an export option is selected, a .zip folder will be downloaded onto your computer.
- Navigate to the downloaded content and double-click the .zip folder to unzip.
Depending on what you chose to download, you should either see all your workspace files in one folder or a files folder and your workspace views, saved as separate .html pages.
Before uploading content to a learning management system, you may want to organize files. Opening the .zip file on your computer and then organize by creating new folders and moving files.