Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Add File(s) to Your Workspace
Service notice: All Catalyst Web Tools–except WebQ Survey and GradeBook–will be retired. View timeline and details.
You can add multiple files to a workspace as one “content item” and provide context by adding a title and description. Each file can also have an individual description.
To add files to any view in your workspace, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace to which you want to add content.
- On the menu on the left, click the view to which you want to add content. You will move to the selected view.
- Click Add content (found immediately underneath the view title) and select Files from the drop-down menu. The file content item will appear.
- To add an optional title or description for the file content item, hover your mouse and click in the highlighted area. Enter the title or description in the space provided.
- To upload a file, click Browse, locate and select the file from your local computer, and then click Open. The file will upload and appear in the content box.
- You can also rename the file by clicking Rename to the right of the file name.
- To group multiple files together, click Add another file and select an additional file. Note: Each file is limited to 1 GB.
- When you have finished adding files, click Save. The settings panel will appear.
- Adjust the size of the file icons by selecting small or large on the settings panel. Click away to close the settings panel.
Tip: Files will appear on the view they were added to as well as the Files view. For instance, if you upload a document to the Home view, it will appear on the Home view as well as the Files view.
Edit a file content item
To add or remove additional files, rename files, add a description to individual files, or change the settings, follow these steps:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the file content item and click Settings in the tab at the top right. On the panel that appears, you can choose to display large or small file icons.
- Hover the mouse over the file(s) and click Edit (at the right). The file panel will appear.
- Click Remove to the right of the file to delete it. Note: Removed files cannot be recovered.
- To change the file name, click Rename to the right of the file.
- To add a description for an individual file, click Add description to the right of the file. The description will appear below the file.
- Click Browse to select another file to upload.
- When you are done making changes, click Save. To discard changes, click Cancel.