Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Create a Dropbox
Follow the steps below to create a dropbox:
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page.
- From the Catalyst Tools account page, move your mouse over the Collect It icon in the upper right.
- Click Create a dropbox.
- Enter a name for the dropbox in the space provided. The name will be visible to both you and the dropbox participants.
- Enter a description for your dropbox. The description appears on the dropbox home, and can be used to describe the dropbox’s purpose, or provide instructions to participants. You can use the formatting toolbar to format the text of your description, insert images, create links, and more.
Tip: The description is a good place to provide a link back to your course Web site. By creating a link to your course Web site, students can easily move from your site to the dropbox, and then back again. To create a link, type the link text in the description field, then click and drag to highlight the text. Click Insert/Edit link on the formatting toolbar to open the “Link” dialog box. Enter the URL of your Web site in the space provided, and click OK.
- If you want, you can post supplemental files relevant to the dropbox. These can be assignments or instructions in PDF, Word, or other formats. Click Browse… to upload a file from your computer. A dialog box will open.
Select a file from your local computer. The file will appear after the upload process. Files will be displayed as links on the dropbox home page.
- Click Add another file if you want to post additional files.
- You can change the contact information for the dropbox by deselecting the box for “Use the contact…” and entering new information into the fields below. This information will be displayed to participants in the dropbox.
- Click Save to save your dropbox, or Cancel to discard it.