Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Responding to Polls
Students and participants can respond to polls via web link, mobile app or text message for certain poll types.
UW-IT recommends using the mobile app for responding to Poll Everywhere polls. You can download the app for your mobile platform here:
Instructions for responding to a poll question using either a web browser/app or via text are included on each poll when displayed. Note: the image below is an example poll, do not respond to “uwadmin”.
- If you are using the Poll Everywhere mobile app, click I’m participating, then enter the name of the poll in the field provided.
- The “PollEv.com” part is already added (examples: biology001 or johnsmith123).
- Recent presentations you have joined will be saved and can be selected from the the list.
- If you are using a web browser, enter the address displayed in your browser address bar (other examples: https://pollev.com/biology001 or https://pollev.com/johnsmith123).
- You must log in to Poll Everywhere with your UW NetID if you are responding via a web browser or the Poll Everywhere Mobile App.
- To respond by text message, you must have registered and certified your phone number with Poll Everywhere. To join a poll, send the presentation’s name (examples: johnsmith123 or biology001) to the number listed. You will receive a message telling you you have joined.