Purpose & Responsibilities
The HR & Finance Applications Board provides business leadership, prioritization, alignment and standards for changes to applications in the domain.
Participants in this level of governance are responsible for:
- Review and modify plans through the Quarterly Planning process.
- Ensure that plans drive to the strategic directions set by the Executive Sponsor Group.
- Ensure that central business units in the domain reach alignment on an agreed-upon plan for each quarter for known projected work and resources.
- Form sub-groups as needed to work in more detail on specific issues.
- Discuss and resolve cross-functional impacts.
- Ensure that input from units across the UW is incorporated in prioritization of changes.
- Review and modify or approve proposed projects through the Project Planning and Review process.
- Set priorities for allocation of resources to ongoing Operations & Maintenance and Change Requests, in alignment with the high-level direction set by the Executive Sponsor Group.
- Ensure that priorities are appropriately balanced between key drivers including required compliance, functional improvements, technical sustainability, and risk mitigation.
- Ensure that issues escalated from the HR & Finance Applications Change Control governance are resolved or, as needed, escalated to the Executive Sponsor Group.
- Provide direction to prevent, where appropriate, unnecessary redundancy or non-sustainable implementations and resulting inefficiencies and risks.
- Consider and discuss the impact of administrative system changes on people, process, technology, standards and policies.
- In collaboration with UW Data Governance, ensure that applications in the domain respond to institutional needs for defining, managing and reporting on data across functional boundaries
- In collaboration with the Chief Information Security Officer, champion IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT resources.
- Ensure that the broader campus community is informed of major planned changes in applications and related business processes, policies, or standards.
- Reference Architecture & Standards
- Provide ongoing sponsorship for reference architectures in the HR & Finance domain, known as Workday Guardrails, and champion their use in changes in the domain.
- Identify needs for new or updated reference architectures and charge groups as needed to draft them on behalf of the Board.
- Value Delivery
- Identify key service metrics for applications in the domain and charge application teams with collecting information.
- Periodically review service metrics and make changes in response.
- Co-Chair: Ryan Markowski, Director, Finance Administration, UW Medicine
- Co-Chair: Jennifer Dunn, Executive Director, Integrated Service Center, UW-IT
- Alissa Mahar, Associate Vice President, Operations, UW-IT
- Anja Canfield-Budde, Associate Vice President, Information Management, UW-IT
- Jessica Bertram, Associate Vice President, Enterprise Service, UW Finance
- Casey St. Clair, AVP of Sponsored Programs Finance, UW Finance
- Chris Mercer, Executive Director, UW Finance Transformation
- Erick Winger, Controller and Associate Vice President for Financial Accounting, UW Finance
- Erik Walerius, Chief Supply Chain Officer, UW Medicine
- Jason Campbell, Assistant Vice Provost, Office of Planning and Budgeting
- Jim Kresl, Assistant Vice Provost and Director of ORIS, Office of Research
- Kristal Mauritz-Miller, Chief Administrative Officer, IT Services, UW Medicine
- Margaret “Peg” Stuart, Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Personnel, Office of Academic Personnel
- Lisa Pascuzzi (interim), UW Medicine Controller, UW Medicine
- Rachel Gatlin, Assistant Vice President, UW Human Resources
- Mary Mulvihill, Associate Vice President (interim), IT Infrastructure, UW-IT
- Annette Sommer, Associate Vice President, UW Finance & University Treasurer
- Kim Dinh, Sr. Director for Finance, HR & Administration, Office of President & Provost
- Shared Environments representatives
The HR & Finance Applications Board meets monthly, with more frequent meetings as needed during periods of high activity.
- April 17: Meeting materials
- May 25: Meeting materials
- June 8, 12, and 21: Meeting materials
- August 21: Meeting materials
- September 18: Meeting materials
- October 16: Meeting materials