Pronouns are now available in Identity.UW.
Pronouns are now available in your MyUW profile.
Upcoming pronoun integrations:
* UW Zoom: February 2023
* UW Canvas: Spring 2023
Identity.UW distributes pronouns data indicated for everyday use in the UW community.
Integrate pronouns from Identity.UW
- When will pronoun data be available for integration?
- Pronoun data (test data) is available now for authorized systems participating in the initial implementation project, as well as for customers planning to integrate pronouns. If you are planning an integration, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “pronouns implementation” in the Subject.
- Where do integrations get pronoun data?
- Pronoun data (test data) is available from UW-IT Enterprise Web Services and Events. If you integrate data from other IT services or data sources, ask them if they plan to provide pronoun data from Identity.UW. For example, UW-IT has a uwPronouns SAML attribute for single sign-on (SSO) integrations with the UW Identity Provider.
- What test data is available?
- Several test identities can be used to test integrations and display of pronouns in applications. These test identities are available in UW-IT Enterprise Web Services and Events, and are described further in the uw-iam-pronouns-test-data repository. If you are planning an SSO integration, email email@example.com with “pronouns implementation” in the Subject, and UW-IT can help test it by signing in to your application
- How should we integrate pronouns?
- Pronoun data governance and integration describes the overall approach to pronoun data governance, collection, integration, and display to users. IT system owners and others can review this information to inform implementation projects.
- How do we announce new integrations?
- To promote transparency and awareness, significant integrations can be added under “Where are pronouns used?” on the set your pronouns page, so that users are aware of the everyday uses of their pronouns. To request your system be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “pronouns implementation” in the subject.
- How do users set their pronouns?
- For end user documentation, refer to set your pronouns. This page includes how to set pronouns, where they are used, and other resources related to use of everyday pronouns.