Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Log into UW Zoom with a Shared NetID
Follow these steps if you are trying to log into UW Zoom using a Shared NetID. This procedure explains logging into a HIPAA-compliant UW Zoom account and a standard UW Zoom account.
- Log out of all UW and Zoom websites.
- Quit the browser.
- Open a new browser session, making sure that you are not logged into any sites.
- Go to http://washington.zoom.us. If you are trying to log into a HIPAA-compliant UW Zoom account, click HIPAA Sign In.
If you are trying to log into a standard UW Zoom account, click Sign In.
Next, you should see the UW log in page.
- Enter the Shared UW NetID and password.
- You should see your Zoom profile page. To confirm that you are logged into the correct Zoom account, look at the personal meeting ID on the profile page.
HIPAA-compliant Zoom account users: If you see something like “https://uw-phi.zoom.us/j/YourMeetingIDnumbers” then you are logged into the correct UW Zoom HIPAA account. The links for UW Zoom HIPAA account meetings all begin with https://uw-phi.zoom.us/.
Standard Zoom account users: If you see “https://washington.zoom.us/j/YourMeetingIDnumbers, then you are logged into the correct standard UW Zoom account. The links for standard UW Zoom account meetings all begin with https://washington.zoom.us/.
- On the same profile page, the user type should say Pro.If all that checks out, you are logged in correctly and can proceed with unlimited meeting length and unlimited meetings.