Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Email resources and information
From bulk email and email lists, to spam protection and managing email attachments, UW-IT provides many services to help meet your email needs.
- Learn how UW-IT is protecting your email and what you can do to further protect yourself.
- Some email attachments are automatically renamed, and others are blocked entirely. See information about rejecting and renaming file attachments.
- UW runs an Electronic Directory Service (LDAP) allowing you to find contact information for the people and departments you seek.
- Bulk email options are available, allowing you to send email messages to a large number of people at once.
- The Mailman email list manager is a web-based email distribution list manager that allows list owners to create and modify email lists for their classes or for discussion among subscribers.
- Learn about the uw.edu domain and using the uw.edu email address.